How to Make a Poster in PowerPoint
A poster is always a very good idea to advertise an event, as it allows you to highlight important information and attract the attention of everyone who sees it. With a poster, you can indicate place, time, and a small description of birthday celebrations, concerts, plays, graduation, and, in short, the event you want to present. It is also a fantastic decorative element to decorate.
However, how can we create these creative designs? At Slidesgo, we have some A3 Google Slides and PowerPoint templates ready to be printed to get amazing posters. You can filter your search on our website so that the results you get are A3 or even A4.
However, if you want to learn how to make a poster using PowerPoint and from scratch, we are going to tell you about it in this post. Here are the necessary steps!
How to make a poster in PowerPoint step by step
- The first step to creating your poster is to adjust the size in PowerPoint. To do this, click on Design > Slide Size. In the pop-up window that appears, you can customize or choose the size you need. In the example, we have chosen an A3 paper. In addition, you can choose the orientation of the slides, between portrait and landscape. Finally, Ensure Fit. When you click OK, the slide will appear in the new format.
- Then, the editing possibilities are very numerous. You can change the style of the presentation, add images, texts... whatever you want your poster to include. However, if you need a more professional design, at Slidesgo we have plenty of them, even with formats such as A3 and A4 already defined. Take a look at them!
- Another possibility, in addition to using a template with A3 or A4 format already defined, is to adapt a template in 16:9 format. For this, just follow the first step, but instead of opening a new PowerPoint presentation, open an existing one. In the following example, we have adapted the slide to the A4 landscape format.
- If you want to print your final design, you will need to export it to PDF. Click File > Export > Create PDF/ XPS Document. Save the file with the name of your choice and select Publish.
- From the Options tab, you can set whether to export the whole presentation, a selection of specific slides, or the current slide, in addition to other available options. If you want to know more about how to export a PowerPoint presentation as a PDF file, you can read the tutorial you can find at Slidesgo School.
As you have seen, creating a poster in PowerPoint is very easy. Now that you know, where are you going to place the amazing poster you make? On a high place so that everyone can appreciate the amazing creation!
TagsEdit & Format
A survey is a technique that is applied by conducting a questionnaire to a significant sample of a group of people. When we carry out the survey, we start from a hypothesis and it is this survey activity that will allow us to confirm the hypothesis or to see where...
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single startup in possession of a good idea, must be in want of investors. OK, this is not the original quotation by Jane Austen, but this one is more up-to-date. If you are a young startup, more than often you will need...
Instagram is a powerful platform where millions of people share their pictures, videos and thoughts everyday. Did you know that over 900 pictures are uploaded to Instagram every second? Using this platform is the perfect way of engaging with your audience and sharing your products. In order to stand out...
Each design element in a presentation has a crucial role to play. The choice of fonts to use and the way they are employed cannot be a matter of chance. Learn, below, the best tips for using fonts in your Google Slides or PowerPoint presentations. With these simple tips, it will...