How to Add Animations and Transitions in Google Slides
In this new Slidesgo School tutorial, you’ll learn how to apply animations to the elements of a slide and how to add transitions between slides. This way, your presentation will be more dynamic and you’ll be able to impress your audience.
Adding an Animation to a Text or an Image
- Click Insert → Animation.
- The Transitions panel will appear on the right, If there are only transition options but no animation options, click the “Select an object to animate” button.
- You can either select the text, list, icon or image that you want to animate, right-click and then choose Animation.
- The Transitions panel will appear on the right, where you can choose the animation for your selection. From the drop-down menu you can choose whether to play the animation when clicking, after the previous one or with the previous one.
- Check the “By paragraph” box if you want the animation to be applied to each paragraph of a text box individually. This can be especially useful for lists.
- You can adjust the speed of the animation with the slider.
- You can also add a transition to your presentation from this panel.
Adding Transitions between Slides
- Go to the panel on the left, the Filmstrip view, and choose the slide that you want to animate.
- Click Slide → Change transition.
- The Transitions panel will appear on the right.
- Choose the transition that you want.
- You can adjust the speed of the transition with the slider.
- If you want to apply the same transition to all the slides, click the “Apply to all slides” button.
- You can change the animations or transitions at any time. Just select the animated object and choose a different option from the drop-down menu. Please note that the results may vary depending on the browser that you use.
There are many and varied ways of captivating your audience with your presentation. One of them is using visually appealing materials so people cannot take their eyes off the slides. In fact, a clever use of GIFs and other images will help you when defining concepts in a cool and...
Do you want to boost your presentation? One of the best ways of doing so is using GIFs! They are fun, easy to add and provide an amusing way of supporting your own information. Would you like to learn more about how to add a GIF in to your slides in...
With inspiration and the adequate resources, a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation can be the most creative slide deck your audience has ever been, regardless of topic. In this Slidesgo School article, we’re going to introduce Stories by Freepik, a new project where you’ll find illustrated concepts to visually reinforce...
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the basics of adding animations and transitions to your presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint. These visual effects will help you make your slides more dynamic and will keep your audience engage. Content Adding an Animation to a Text, an Image, a Shape or Other Elements of...