How to Add Animations and Transitions in PowerPoint
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the basics of adding animations and transitions to your presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint. These visual effects will help you make your slides more dynamic and will keep your audience engage.
Adding an Animation to a Text, an Image, a Shape or Other Elements of a Presentation
- Select the object that you want to animate.
- Click the Animations tab.
- Select the animation that you want from the list.
- If you want to see which animations are applied to an object, click Animation Pane. You can also rearrange the animations as you see fit.
- Use the timing options to set the timing of the animation. You can choose when you want the animation to start: on click, with previous or after previous. You can also set the duration and even set a delay before the animation begins.
Adding Transitions to a Slide
- Select the slide you want to apply a transition to.
- Click the Transitions tab.
- After you select any transition from the list, you’ll see a preview of the resulting effect.
- If you want to adjust the direction of the effect, among other settings, click the Effect Options drop-down arrow.
- To remove a transition, on the Transitions tab, click None.
- You can change the animations or transitions at any time. To do so, select the animated object or the slide with a transition applied to it and choose a different option from the list.