How to Convert from Google Slides to Keynote
When it comes to oral presentations, whatever the subject matter, visual support such as a presentation will help to highlight your main ideas and clarify all the points of the presentation. To accompany you on this road to success, at Slidesgo we have a wide range of templates that you can modify in PowerPoint and Google Slides.
In particular, editing a template in Google Slides offers the advantage that you will not lose any of the changes you make since they are saved in the cloud. However, what if on your computer you use macOS, Apple's operating system, and therefore work with the Keynote program? There is nothing to worry about! You can convert your Google Slides presentation to Keynote without any problems and we are going to explain how to do it.
Steps to transform a Google Slides presentation to Keynote
Although it is a simple procedure, you cannot convert a presentation from Google Slides to Keynote directly. This is not an impediment to using Google Slides and then Keynote, as you can convert to Keynote easily.
Start by converting to a format that Keynote supports, such as PowerPoint. From Google Slides you can download the presentation in PowerPoint format.
1. Open Keynote on your Mac computer. Select a new empty template to open the options menu.
2. When you have the new template open, in the top menu, select File > Open and choose the PowerPoint template you want to convert.
3. Now the conversion will begin. It is important to note that, with the exception of a few elements that we will see below, everything converts and adapts to Keynote very well.
4. One of the elements to readjust when we have converted to Keynote is the fonts. In fact, the warning that appears at the end of the conversion will tell you that there may be some fonts in the file that are displayed differently. Select Replace fonts and Keynote will show you those that have not been converted.
5. Fonts that have changed in the conversion will have a warning icon on the left. Correct them easily by clicking on the arrows, which will bring up the list of fonts you can select. Replace them with a font that is a replica of the original in PowerPoint, or with the font of your choice. When you are done, click on Replace Fonts.
6. Another item that may not have been converted correctly is charts and graphs. Being all from the Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint creates the charts from Excel, making them more complex in formatting and more difficult to convert to Keynote automatically. Go to the slides containing charts and adapt them in Keynote as they were in the original template.
7. The last step would be a general review to check that everything has been converted correctly. Review all the slides and check that, after making the previous changes, everything is as in the original PowerPoint template.
8. Once you have made all the changes and the final review, save your template with the new Keynote format, by clicking on the top menu on Save and all set. Once this is done, you will have your template in Keynote format ready to present.
All set this way! Now that you know how to convert our Google Slides templates to Keynote you just have to enter Slidesgo and discover all the designs we have for your amazing presentations.
Here at Slidesgo, we tend to work on our templates using Google Slides, as this program allows for easy collaboration between members of our design team. Regarding fonts, this is also an advantage, because Google Slides incorporates all fonts available in Google Fonts, which are free to use and offer...
A presentation is the perfect visual support for any type of exposition. From a business explanation to one for a history class, it is the perfect element to attract the attention of your audience. At Slidesgo, we have a wide variety of templates designed for Google Slides and PowerPoint. However, it...
PowerPoint is a well-known name when it comes to the world of presentations and slideshows. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite and has been employed both for personal and professional use for many years.But when it's time to start making a presentation, you may worry about the amount...
When preparing a presentation, many people start panicking because they realize how much time it will take to edit each and every slide. Creating them from scratch, filling them in, looking for pictures, moving the elements...How stressful! But there is a solution that saves you a lot of time.We're sure...
Are you familiar with the name Google Slides? Of course, you are! And we are pretty sure that before you have used a Google Slides template for your presentations. However, do we really know what it is and what it is used for?It is a question that may seem difficult...
Who has never used a PowerPoint template as visual support for their presentation? However, do we really know what it is and what it is used for?Although it may be clear to us, answering this question clearly and concisely is not so easy, so Slidesgo has decided to tell you...