How to Change the Language Settings in Google Slides
Change the display and authoring language in Google slides following the steps of this tutorial. It is very simple, and it will only take you a few minutes to do so!
Changing the language In Google Slides
- Changing the language of your Google Slides is quite straightforward. In the toolbar, click on file → Language
- Choose any of the options.
- When doing so, have a look at the rulers: they change depending on the language. In this example, we change from English (USA) to Spanish, so the upper inches will become centimeters. This is pretty important for designers, as measures play an important role when working with margins.
Changing the language of your Google Account
- Make sure that you have an account linked to Google. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access Google Slides.
- The first step is to access your Google Account. You can click on the link or follow the next steps.
- On the top-right corner, there is a bubble with your avatar. Click on it → Manage your Google Account.
- There is a menu to your left. Click on Data & Personalization.
- Scroll down until you reach General preferences for the web → Language.
- Click on the pencil icon close of the Default Language section.
- Choose an option from the list → Select.
- Click on your country → Select.
- Now, if you open a Google Slides template, it will display the tongue that you have just selected.
Pro Tip: if you insert a new slide, it will display some pieces of text known as markers. If you select another display language, they change as well. That’s pretty useful to know the required text length for a given piece of text.
- Click on Insert → New Slide.
- To change the tongue, you have two options: change if from your Google Account or from Google Slides. In this case, in the toolbar, go to File → Language → select one from the list.
Adding a new language to your Google Account
Do you want to add another tongue to your account? No problem. It is as simple as in the previous block:
- Go to your Google Account → Data and personalization → Language.
- Click on + Add another language.
- Choose an option from the list → Select → Click on your country → Select.
- Once that you add a new tongue, you can make it the default one. In the section Other languages you understand, there is an arrow. Click on it and you’ll modify the default tongue instantly.
Issues when changing the language
Are you facing some problems when trying to change the language in Google Slides? If the chosen tongue doesn’t display, try doing this:
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, click on More.
- Then, select More Tools → Clear Browsing Data.
- In Time range, click on All time.
- Make sure that you select Cookies and other site data.
- Press Clear data.
- Now, go once again to Manage your Google Account.
- Click on Data & Personalization.
- Go to General preferences for the web → Language.
- Click on the pencil icon close of the Default Language.
- Choose an option → Select.
- Choose a country → Select.
- You are ready to go!
You have just finished and your account is ready to open any Google Slides theme in the chosen language.
For this tutorial, we have used the Mink Project Proposal template. Give it a go, it’s super cool! If you like presentations related to tongues, have a look at our most recent themes.
Google Slides has a big advantage over its competitors when it comes to saving storage space. Since it’s an online editor, its presentations do not take up space on your Google Drive. However, if you need to download the slides or export them in a PowerPoint file format, you might...
Sometimes, after creating a presentation, you come to realize that its size is bigger than what you expected and, thus, you need a way to reduce the space it takes up on your drive or storage device. In this Slidesgo School tutorial, we are going to give you some hints on...
If you want to change the display tongue in PowerPoint, this is your tutorial. No matter if you have downloaded a version of the software with the incorrect default language or you want to improve your reading skills, we will teach you, step by step, how to do it. Content...
We want to simplify the process of finding a creative presentation template that conveys all your innovative ideas and that, at the same time, tells a convincing story to your audience, 100% editable and free. The best way of saving time and being true to your own discourse is to find...
Every free template that we design at Slidesgo can be used in Google Slides and PowerPoint. This allows you to choose your preferred software for presenting or customizing the template. Have you ever wondered what the advantages of each software are? Keep reading to find out! Content PowerPoint Google Slides...
Printings made with PowerPoint can be useful for you or your public in some cases. We thus prepared this tutorial where you will learn step by step how to print your PowerPoint presentations to have a physical copy of the whole document or only a few slides.PowerPoint offers an easy,...