How to Change the Language Settings in Google Slides
Change the display and authoring language in Google slides following the steps of this tutorial. It is very simple, and it will only take you a few minutes to do so!
Changing the language In Google Slides
- Changing the language of your Google Slides is quite straightforward. In the toolbar, click on file → Language
- Choose any of the options.
- When doing so, have a look at the rulers: they change depending on the language. In this example, we change from English (USA) to Spanish, so the upper inches will become centimeters. This is pretty important for designers, as measures play an important role when working with margins.
Changing the language of your Google Account
- Make sure that you have an account linked to Google. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access Google Slides.
- The first step is to access your Google Account. You can click on the link or follow the next steps.
- On the top-right corner, there is a bubble with your avatar. Click on it → Manage your Google Account.
- There is a menu to your left. Click on Data & Personalization.
- Scroll down until you reach General preferences for the web → Language.
- Click on the pencil icon close of the Default Language section.
- Choose an option from the list → Select.
- Click on your country → Select.
- Now, if you open a Google Slides template, it will display the tongue that you have just selected.
Pro Tip: if you insert a new slide, it will display some pieces of text known as markers. If you select another display language, they change as well. That’s pretty useful to know the required text length for a given piece of text.
- Click on Insert → New Slide.
- To change the tongue, you have two options: change if from your Google Account or from Google Slides. In this case, in the toolbar, go to File → Language → select one from the list.
Adding a new language to your Google Account
Do you want to add another tongue to your account? No problem. It is as simple as in the previous block:
- Go to your Google Account → Data and personalization → Language.
- Click on + Add another language.
- Choose an option from the list → Select → Click on your country → Select.
- Once that you add a new tongue, you can make it the default one. In the section Other languages you understand, there is an arrow. Click on it and you’ll modify the default tongue instantly.
Issues when changing the language
Are you facing some problems when trying to change the language in Google Slides? If the chosen tongue doesn’t display, try doing this:
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, click on More.
- Then, select More Tools → Clear Browsing Data.
- In Time range, click on All time.
- Make sure that you select Cookies and other site data.
- Press Clear data.
- Now, go once again to Manage your Google Account.
- Click on Data & Personalization.
- Go to General preferences for the web → Language.
- Click on the pencil icon close of the Default Language.
- Choose an option → Select.
- Choose a country → Select.
- You are ready to go!
You have just finished and your account is ready to open any Google Slides theme in the chosen language.
For this tutorial, we have used the Mink Project Proposal template. Give it a go, it’s super cool! If you like presentations related to tongues, have a look at our most recent themes.
Most of the time, a slide is more impactful when you combine text with images. You can use both to provide context, explain a process with a visual example or make the content more interesting overall.When text and image are present at the same time, it’s best if they don’t...
When designing a presentation, you’ll most likely need to add some text to your slides. For example, you might want to explain a picture or you might want to describe the steps of a process. Do you know the concept of text wrapping? It allows you to give “shape” to the...
We are sure you have noticed the changes we have recently introduced at Slidesgo. Among the most noteworthy are the possibility of registering an account and the adoption of a freemium subscription model.This allows us to keep offering a large amount of free, high-quality resources for our users. In addition,...
Every free template that we design at Slidesgo can be used in Google Slides and PowerPoint. This allows you to choose your preferred software for presenting or customizing the template. Have you ever wondered what the advantages of each software are? Keep reading to find out! Inhalt 5 advantages of...
Google Slides has a big advantage over its competitors when it comes to saving storage space. Since it’s an online editor, its presentations do not take up space on your Google Drive. However, if you need to download the slides or export them in a PowerPoint file format, you might...
Sometimes, after creating a presentation, you come to realize that its size is bigger than what you expected and, thus, you need a way to reduce the space it takes up on your drive or storage device. In this Slidesgo School tutorial, we are going to give you some hints on...