How to Make an Image Transparent in Google Slides
Images are the ideal complement to make your Google Slides presentations much more visual. There are a variety of editing options when it comes to images, such as adding effects, one of these you can apply is to change the transparency of the image. Below, we are going to tell you in detail how to make an image transparent in Google Slides.
How to make an image completely transparent in Google Slides
- Open your presentation in Google Slides. Right-click on the image you want to make transparent and select Format Options.
- Next, expand the Adjustments tab. The first option you will find is Transparency. Now you can increase or decrease the transparency percentage of the image to your liking.
- The changes are not permanent. If needed, you can restore the original transparency percentage of the image by clicking on Reset.
- Now you have your image with the transparency percentage you have assigned to it. Adding transparency to your image can be a very useful feature, for example, to write text on it.
How to apply gradients to an image in Google Slides
This goes on and on! If you want to continue playing with the transparencies of an image, but in an even more original way, you can make a part of the image transparent, achieving a gradient effect.
- Let's make the transparency gradient from a shape. Click Insert > Shape > Shapes. Select the shape you want your transparency gradient to be. In the example, we have chosen a rectangle.
- We make the border color transparent.
- We continue with the gradient of the shape. To do this, we select Fill Color > Gradient and start creating a custom gradient.
- Let's adjust the colors and the degree of transparency of the shape. We adjust both gradient stops. When we are done, we click OK and we can see the final result, with the image with its gradient transparency.
- Finally, just customize and adapt the gradient as you see fit. You can add more transparency gradients to the image or enlarge and reduce the size of the gradient by modifying the size of the shape.
You can find many more tutorials about Google Slides in our blog.
TagsEdit & Format
Do you find this article useful?
How to Add or Change Fonts in Google Slides
Some experts recommend that you include just the right amount of text in your presentations. Too much, and the audience will be reluctant to read it. Too little, and the audience will just refrain from looking at the screen. Let’s say you already have the right amount of text. In order to maximize your chances of success, you need to choose a good font. Combining a nice readability with a nice visual hierarchy of all the components of your design will make an impression on everybody. They will be more than delighted at how your text looks. So, in this tutorial, you’ll learn...
How to Add, Duplicate, Move, Delete or Hide Slides in Google Slides
When using a template to work on a presentation, you might want to create new slides, keeping the design included in the template. Or sometimes, you might prefer to duplicate an existing slide to reuse its elements, such as text boxes. In addition to this, you can perform other actions, such as deleting slides, moving or even hiding them so that they’re not visible during your presentation.In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to do all of this to turn any of our templates into your own presentation.
How to Add, Duplicate, Move, Delete or Hide Slides in PowerPoint
When working on a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint, you will most likely perform actions such as creating new slides, changing their order, arranging them by theme, deleting unnecessary slides or even temporarily hiding slides. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to do all of this to turn any of our templates into your own presentation.
Discover our collection of printable templates
With the advance of technology, printing has become something that is no longer a necessity. Smartphones have made the paper format less and less frequent, but there are still certain cases in which having physical resources is much more convenient. Whether it's for taking notes, handing out assignments, making worksheets or handing out business cards or invitations, it's necessary to print your customized designs.From now on, in every Slidesgo printable presentation that you download, you will find the instructions for printing on the third slide. Depending on the style, colors or format of each presentation, we will tell you if you can...