How to Add and Modify Icons in Google Slides
Sometimes, to make the data in your presentation more comprehensible, you can use graphic resources such as illustrations, photos or even icons. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to add, modify the size and change the color of the icons in Google Slides step by step. There are three ways to do this, so let's check them out.
From the Final Slides in Our Templates
- Click the icon to select it, copy it by pressing Ctrl + C and then paste it on the desired slide by pressing Ctrl + V.
- To modify its size, just click the icon and drag one of its corners while holding Shift to keep the proportions.
- To change the color, select the icon and click Fill color or Line color (for reference, you can find the color palette in our final slides). Select Custom option to set any other color that you want.
- To edit the color of just a single part of the resource, double-click it and select only the desired part. Then proceed as explained before.
- To work with just one of the elements individually (to change its color, separate it from the rest or delete it), select the icon and press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + G to ungroup. When you’re done, to group again, select all the parts and press Ctrl + Alt + G or right-click → Group.
- Go to Flaticon and select the icon you like. Then press Download and select the PNG format.
- Drag the file to the slide or click Insert → Image → Upload from computer.
- If you want to modify its size before downloading it from Flaticon, choose the maximum size possible from the drop-down menu next to the PNG button and then adjust it on the slide after inserting it.
- If you want to adapt the color, click the icon and select the color from the Icon Editor panel. More about the Icon Editor.
From Flaticon's Add-on for G Suite
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Click Add-ons → Icons from Flaticon → Start. Our templates come with this extension already pre-installed. If you want to know more about this add-on, click here.
- If the add-on is not there, download it by clicking Add-ons → Get add-ons… Then locate the extension.
- Search and select the desired icon from the panel.
- To modify its size before inserting it, choose the maximum size from the drop-down menu and adjust it on the slide.
- Some icons allow you to change their color on the panel. Just click the color wheel and use the color selector, or simply enter the hex code.