How to Use Basic Image Editing Tools in Google Slides
Sometimes, when designing a presentation, you come to realize that you need to modify an image in order to make the most of the slide. Are you using Google Slides? Then keep reading!
In this Slidesgo School tutorial, you’ll learn how to edit the images of your Google Slides presentation, which includes cropping, masking, scaling and many other useful actions.
Resizing an Image
- Open your presentation in Google Slides.
- Select the image you want to modify.
- Click and drag one of the handles to make the image bigger or smaller. Don't forget to hold Shift to keep the proportions while resizing.
Cropping an Image
- Open your presentation in Google Slides and select the image that you'd like to adjust.
- Click Crop.
- Click and drag one of the blue handles to crop the image.
- When you’re done, press Enter or click anywhere outside of the image.
Masking an Image
- Run Google Slides, open the presentation and select the image to modify.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Crop and select the desired shape for the mask.
Adding a Border to an Image
- Open your presentation and select the image you want to modify.
- Click Line color (the icon resembles a pencil) and choose a color for the border.
- Click Border weight (it’s next to Line color) to choose the weight for the border.
- You can click Border dash (it’s next to Border weight) to choose what kind of line you want for the border.