How to Use Basic Image Editing Tools in Google Slides
Sometimes, when designing a presentation, you come to realize that you need to modify an image in order to make the most of the slide. Are you using Google Slides? Then keep reading!
In this Slidesgo School tutorial, you’ll learn how to edit the images of your Google Slides presentation, which includes cropping, masking, scaling and many other useful actions.
Resizing an Image
- Open your presentation in Google Slides.
- Select the image you want to modify.
- Click and drag one of the handles to make the image bigger or smaller. Don't forget to hold Shift to keep the proportions while resizing.
Cropping an Image
- Open your presentation in Google Slides and select the image that you'd like to adjust.
- Click Crop.
- Click and drag one of the blue handles to crop the image.
- When you’re done, press Enter or click anywhere outside of the image.
Masking an Image
- Run Google Slides, open the presentation and select the image to modify.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Crop and select the desired shape for the mask.
Adding a Border to an Image
- Open your presentation and select the image you want to modify.
- Click Line color (the icon resembles a pencil) and choose a color for the border.
- Click Border weight (it’s next to Line color) to choose the weight for the border.
- You can click Border dash (it’s next to Border weight) to choose what kind of line you want for the border.
With inspiration and the adequate resources, a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation can be the most creative slide deck your audience has ever been, regardless of topic. In this Slidesgo School article, we’re going to introduce Storyset by Freepik, a new project where you’ll find illustrated concepts to visually reinforce...
Watermarks are small elements or images that are inserted into digital creations to help identify who’s the author, preventing plagiarism. If you want to learn how to insert a watermark into your PowerPoint presentation, this tutorial will teach you in no time! Content Adding a Watermark to a Slide Adding...
A watermark is a little identifying image used as a fixed element in digital creations such as photos, documents, videos or, in this case, presentations. It helps protect that creation and prevents plagiarism or uses without attribution. In this Slidesgo School tutorial, you’ll learn, step by step, how to insert...
In order to make your presentation more cohesive and harmonious, all the pictures you use should have the same style. This increases the visual impact and, at the same time, your audience will remember your speech for sure. There are many ways to boost the pictures in your PowerPoint presentations...
In a presentation, images usually convey a lot of information. A good picture could help you connect with your audience and make them remember your speech for a long time. Sometimes, you could end up having several pictures without a significant visual consistency, but that can be remedied by using...
To improve how the images look in your presentations, there are several basic image editing tools at your disposal. In this Slidesgo School tutorial, you'll learn how to apply effects to the images in your Google Slides presentations. Content Recoloring an Image Changing the Transparency of an Image Changing the...