5 Advantages of Using PowerPoint and Google Slides for Your Presentations
Every free template that we design at Slidesgo can be used in Google Slides and PowerPoint. This allows you to choose your preferred software for presenting or customizing the template. Have you ever wondered what the advantages of each software are? Keep reading to find out!
5 advantages of using PowerPoint
As one of the applications of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint is used to create and work on professional presentations. These are its main features:
- Easy to use: PowerPoint is quite intuitive and its interface is similar to that of other Microsoft Office programs. If you’re used to working with Word or Excel, then familiarizing yourself with PowerPoint won’t be a problem.
- Multiple customization options: Thanks to its image editing capabilities, you don’t need to resort to graphics editors. You can trim pictures, add filters and effects to them, adjust their brightness, contrast, saturation and transparency without having to close your presentation at all.
- Compatible with different formats: PowerPoint allows you to import and export different file formats, such as .pdf documents, .mp4 videos and many image formats, including .gif, .tif, .png or .jpg, among others.
- Compatible with other Microsoft Office programs: Since they belong to the same office suite, you’ll be able to enrich your presentation with charts from Excel spreadsheets or tables from Word documents.
- Versatility: PowerPoint is the most used tool and the one almost everybody knows when it comes to presentations. It is popular in education and the business sector, for example.
There’s only one main requirement regarding the use of PowerPoint: you’ll need to have Microsoft Office installed on your computer.
Remember, if you have any doubts on how to use PowerPoint, we have a section called Slidesgo School where you’ll find quick tutorials that explain this and many other functionalities.
5 advantages of using Google Slides
You’ll find this presentation program within G Suite or your Google Drive account panel. To access Google Slides, you just need a device connected to the internet (you can even install the app on that device, granting you offline access). These are the main advantages of this program:
- Easy to access: Having your presentation stored in the cloud allows you to access it anytime. You no longer need to carry an external device with your file.
- Encourages teamwork: As with other G Suite applications, multiple people can see and/or edit the document simultaneously.
- Compatible with other Google applications: Since they belong to the same company, Google Slides supports charts from Google Sheets, pictures from Google Photos and even multimedia content from YouTube.
- Instant auto-saving: Your presentation is stored in the cloud, which means Google Slides automatically saves every time you change something. You can be 100% sure your work won’t be lost.
- Free: You just need a Gmail account to start using Google Slides. Creating an account is free and it merely takes a couple of minutes.
In our Slidesgo School section, you’ll find tutorials on how to use Google Slides, just in case you have any doubts about this presentation program.
PowerPoint vs Google Slides
To summarize, here’s a comparison table where you can have a look at the differences between PowerPoint and Google Slides:
Most of the time, a slide is more impactful when you combine text with images. You can use both to provide context, explain a process with a visual example or make the content more interesting overall.When text and image are present at the same time, it’s best if they don’t...
When designing a presentation, you’ll most likely need to add some text to your slides. For example, you might want to explain a picture or you might want to describe the steps of a process. Do you know the concept of text wrapping? It allows you to give “shape” to the...
We are sure you have noticed the changes we have recently introduced at Slidesgo. Among the most noteworthy are the possibility of registering an account and the adoption of a freemium subscription model.This allows us to keep offering a large amount of free, high-quality resources for our users. In addition,...
Google Slides has a big advantage over its competitors when it comes to saving storage space. Since it’s an online editor, its presentations do not take up space on your Google Drive. However, if you need to download the slides or export them in a PowerPoint file format, you might...
Sometimes, after creating a presentation, you come to realize that its size is bigger than what you expected and, thus, you need a way to reduce the space it takes up on your drive or storage device. In this Slidesgo School tutorial, we are going to give you some hints on...
Change the display and authoring language in Google slides following the steps of this tutorial. It is very simple, and it will only take you a few minutes to do so! Inhalt Changing the language In Google Slides Changing the language of your Google Account Adding a new language to...